Question: What age should a 30 year old man date?

Contents

It lets you chart acceptable age discrepancies that adjust over the years. According to the rule, for example, a 30-year-old should be with a partner who is at least 22, while a 50-year-olds dating partner must be at least 32 to not attract (presumed) social sanction.

Aspen Colorado is a playground for many billionaires and celebrities. And so, as a therapist in the area, I have counseled a large number of heterosexual couples with a significant age gap between them. There are always exceptions to any rule, but a clear pattern has emerged over my many years in practice that has truly surprised me.

I am not proud to say that years ago I had a strong stereotype in my mind. It was that a younger woman who married an older man would always be a gold digger.

She never worked and never wanted to. The man would be a sexist who only valued her for her youthful perfection and expected nothing else from the relationship but for her to look good on his arm. That is true about 10% of the time, but I was so wrong about the other 90%! Your ego has been raked over the coals. Every flaw you have has been shouted at you. The guys you date have roommates. They have no gas money. They are generally stoned, aimless and only looking for fun.

Now imagine this young woman meets this older man. What happens next is magical. This man finds a woman who appreciates everything about him. He is so put together. He has matching socks and credit cards. He makes dates and shows up on time. He can hold an intelligent conversation.

He is actually getting to know her and not pawing at her all the time. He is the greatest man she has ever dated by far. He feels like he really is the greatest man too because she adores him.

They fall in love and get married. He is typically desperate and confused. When I begin counseling a couple, my typical structure is to have one individual session with each member. This allows the man and the woman to speak freely and inform me of what they see What age should a 30 year old man date? the issues What age should a 30 year old man date? private. Then the three of us meet together from there. He would do anything for her.

Then he says the worst thing someone coming into couples counseling can say.

What age should a 30 year old man date?

Now she has come to the disappointing realization that he was not Superman. He was just an older man.

What age should a 30 year old man date?

When you are young anyone older should be able to impress you. They typically are more responsible and confident and knowledgeable.

They ask you deep questions. They are not just after one thing. Once the younger woman and her peers grow older too, she begins seeing her older husband as ordinary, maybe even as just old. Meanwhile, he has no idea what went wrong.

Honestly, I always feel sad for both of them. Men, however, typically experience a steady decline. This does not help matters at all. So, the stereotype in my mind was very wrong.

A Therapist Reveals the Surprising Truth about Older Men Marrying Younger Women

I find that both the younger woman and the older man had good intentions going in. However, they do almost always hit this critical stage when the veil has dropped and reality sets in.

I always advise people to date and marry within ten years in age; beginning no sooner than 25 to 35. As great as it is to have a young partner show you new things, and an older partner teach you new things, there is no substitute for a partner who is your peer. No one can ever go back to the beginning of any relationship. They are just never as easy as they seemed in the beginning. These couples should go to counseling. They must learn to let each other change.

They need to appreciate, respect and accept each other as they are at present. In my experience this is the unique challenge of an older man and a younger woman as time goes by, simply put, they both get older. Last medically reviewed on January 31, 2019.

Contact us

Find us at the office

Canzona- Dimeco street no. 37, 78300 Cayenne, French Guiana

Give us a ring

Ronzell Dupere
+94 603 665 727
Mon - Fri, 9:00-20:00

Write us